FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance Needed - AMA Linking to Some RED Clips fail, others work.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Raybin
Assistance Needed - AMA Linking to Some RED Clips fail, others work.
on Nov 17, 2013 at 2:58:17 am

Hi all. I've done as much testing and researching on my own as I can but I've got nothing. So any info at all would be extremely helpful.

I've got some RED footage that came back from the field. AMA linking to some clips works fine. All the others error out. The same problem happens on multiple machines running MC v6.x, 6.5.x, 7.x Mac and PC. I've made sure to have the latest version appropriate of the RED plugin for each MC I've tried it on - including the latest 1.9.1. Also, all the problem clips ARE viewable in REDCineX.

The attached screenshot shows the files I'm working with. The "snakes" are the only ones that work. Nothing else.

The console doesn't log any error. It prints out:
Link To AMA Volume -> /Volumes/OM HD_24/DS 401-402 RED Epic B-roll/11_3 abmient/
MVP Used:[ Plugin Name = RED R3D Plug-In (R3DSDK v4.3) Avid Technology, Inc. Version = 1.9 ]
MSP Used:[ Plugin Name = RED R3D Plug-In (R3DSDK v4.3) Avid Technology, Inc. Version = 1.9 ]

The log file is empty on most. One log entry said: DIDDescriptor::GetAAFProperties() - Unable to map AAF Compression to MC Compression.

On linking I get the following: "Unable to link x clip(s). Check console window or log file for more information."

That's the only errors I'm getting. Any info or thoughts at all would be helpful. I'm out of ideas! Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Assistance Needed - AMA Linking to Some RED Clips fail, others work.
on Nov 17, 2013 at 4:53:13 am

You've tried both the folder and file AMA versions in v7?

Michael

Return to posts index

Daniel Raybin
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:28:57 pm

Yes. Still errors out.

Console says the plugin doesn't support the file. But it works on the others and is viewable in RedCINEx. Using 1.9.1

Return to posts index

Bobby Tutton
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:29:18 pm

Hi Dan. Did you ever get to the bottom of this I am having the same issues. We are dealing with RED ONE.

The only time Avid will not recognise the files is when the Camera has duplicated (or what I hear chunked) inside an RDC folder. 7 .r3d files are created. They appear duplicated.

Avid won't AMA these folders but RED CINE X will read and process them as one entity.

Return to posts index

Daniel Raybin
on Mar 13, 2014 at 3:44:18 pm

Hi Bobby,

Unfortunately not. I pulled it apart every which way I could think of with tons of different machines, MC versions and AMA plugin versions, restructuring the file/folders. Nothing worked. I was unable to get the the actual camera used in house to test with, but overall I lean toward the actual AMA plugin having some bugs.

I had to go the long way around and use REDCineX to transcode to DNX, then AMAd those and transcoded to an offline resolution.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 13, 2014 at 4:13:16 pm

I've never had an issue with spanned R3D files via AMA. I am thinking it must be another issue. As far as workflow, why not create offline prozy media directly from Redcine X Pro rather than the additional transcode step? Is it for consistency in file nameing in Source File?

Michael

Return to posts index

Daniel Raybin
on Mar 13, 2014 at 4:29:59 pm

The lowest resolution available is all DNX. Is it possible to transcode to SD resolution?

Since I have trouble linking, I'm making the highrez transcode the new master media. I'd have to go back to CineX and do another round of exports when it came time to hirez the media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]