FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer 7.2

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Rowley
Avid Media Composer 7.2
on Nov 14, 2013 at 10:44:03 pm

Hi guys
I was wondering if it was worth me investing in Adobe After effects whilst running AMC 7.2 I am still on a massive learning curve with Avid at the moment. So the question is, can AMC do what AAE can do in post production or not.

Thanks
Bob

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Media Composer 7.2
on Nov 14, 2013 at 10:59:18 pm

I will let others who have more experience with AvidFX speak to that comparison, but Media Composer on its own cannot do what After Effects offer in VFX creation. It can do a subset, and most likely a small subset if one were to count. AvidFX (Boris product) adds more control over VFX creation and will get you much closer to After Effects and may in your case be all that you need.

Michael

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:58:50 pm

AVID and Boris cannot replace After Effects. You can do some fun stuff with AVID FX and Boris Effects, but they are not the same as After Effects. Get both.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 15, 2013 at 1:08:37 am

They are two COMPLETELY different things. One is a non-linear editing application (Avid Media Composer) and the other is compositing software used for effects creation, compositing, graphics...but not editing (After Effects).

Get both. You'd never edit a project with AE, and compositing and content creation in Avid is...well...not all that great.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Nov 15, 2013 at 5:27:06 pm

I agree with all that's been said here... BUT if you can delay getting into After Effects until you've had adequate time to learn Media Composer it will benefit your learning curve for both.

What's not often discussed is that there is a fundamentally different approach to the way many things are handled in Avid FX/Boris and After Effects. Perhaps it was the fact that I started with After Effects, I found that there was a lot to un-learn and re-program the way my brain reacted when attempting the move to the Boris environment.

Return to posts index

Bob Rowley
on Nov 15, 2013 at 10:45:38 pm

Thanks guys for all your comments.
I probably didn't explain myself to well but I got the right info. So thanks to all that responded
Regards
Bob Rowley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]