FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere user attempting Avid: How do i simply export a h.264 that doesnt look horrible?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Smith
Premiere user attempting Avid: How do i simply export a h.264 that doesnt look horrible?
on Nov 13, 2013 at 7:50:17 pm

So apparently using the Quicktime/H.264 combo turns the color of your video to crap. I've been reading up a bit on how to get around this and I have read some things about creating mixdowns and then renaming folders in your MXF folder to then create some file that you then import into Squeeze.. As someone coming from premiere I find all of this trouble to simply export a proper common h.264 file for the web to be insane. Can anyone help me out?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Premiere user attempting Avid: How do i simply export a h.264 that doesnt look horrible?
on Nov 14, 2013 at 1:34:04 am

In my experience, you don't need to do anything that exotic.

Just use the Send to Sorenson Squeeze export preset in Avid, then pick the H264 preset of your choice in Squeeze and encode away.

Think of Squeeze as your equivalent of Adobe Media Encoder.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Premiere user attempting Avid: How do i simply export a h.264 that doesnt look horrible?
on Nov 14, 2013 at 2:46:13 pm

In Avid the term we use is a same as source export.
We effectively create a flattened timeline(using video and audio mixdowns) to create a single export that has just one codec in it at the resolution we want. We then take the to Squeeze.

You can use the send to squeeze option but this defaults to a QT reference and that won't always work (if you have AMA sources for example)

But we regularly just use MC and a custom QT export to H264 and they look ok. Not great and very slow but more than enough for preview.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Nina Lucia
on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:08:03 pm

I export from the Avid as Same as Source then use MPEGStreamclip on the desktop to convert to whatever I need depending on who I'm delivering to.

This way it takes less time to export (I don't use Sorensen so maybe it doesn't for that) and I can convert a reel at the desktop level while the other reels export from the Avid, using less time to get them all done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]