FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Neely
AMA question
on Nov 12, 2013 at 1:23:40 pm

Hey folks,

client has some footage on HDD and wants me to do some quick turnaround editing by linking to his files via AMA. I think (could be wrong) he is also asking if push came to shove, could I just edit remotely (he's a bit of a drive away) from my boutique with my Avid software. Does AVID Allow someone to access AMA files from another system via ethernet (with proper ip/server info)?

Also, client has media composer, I have Xpress Pro, does that cause issues?

Quick response would be great. Thanks so much.

R

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMA question
on Nov 12, 2013 at 2:36:10 pm

The bandwidth alone required for that to happen would never work. Your best bet is to create small proxies for editorial and send those via dropbox, WeTransfer, or other shared/send file solutions. If duplicate media exists in both areas and is managed by Avid, it is easy to send bins/sequences back and forth during editorial.

Avid does provide for an Avid Everywhere with editorial over browser, but requires ISIS storage, Interplay, then additional options on top of that to make it work. You're talking 6 figures to get that working.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 12, 2013 at 5:53:24 pm

Does Express Pro even do AMA?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 12, 2013 at 8:40:19 pm

Good point, Xpress Pro does not have AMA support. I was thinking of making it managed media and duplicated Avid MediaFiles folder in two different locations.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rick Neely
on Nov 13, 2013 at 1:37:34 pm

Thanks for all responses,

yes Xpress does NOt do AMA I've learned an the bandwidth was indeed an issue as well. In the end, doesn't matter as I was able to edit onsite so all is well. Good info moving forward.

One last followup - Can Xpress pro read Media composer projects and vice versa?

R

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 13, 2013 at 8:14:19 pm

I believe it can. The only issue will be if there are features that one system has that the other does not...those won't transfer.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]