FORUMS: list search recent posts

AutoSync entire bin?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Colvin
AutoSync entire bin?
on Nov 8, 2013 at 10:10:07 am

I've been on FCP7 for a long time and I decided to switch to avid.

I learned how to select 1 video clip and 1 audio clip and hit autosync with in points on both and have it properly sync. Even learned the perf slip technique to line it up even better.

I saw a tutorial from avid showing the editor select all in the bin and autosync and it make ALL the subclips.

When I try this I get this message

AutoSync found clips with more than 1 video track. Would you like to Group Clip them?

I don't want to create groups I want each individual take to auto sync video to the audio.

What metadata needs to exist for this to work?

I got the media in by AMA link ProRes (they are proxies of RED EPIC footage I took from a FCP7 project)

and then i transcoded into DNxHD 36

then i imported the audio as well

again one take at a time works but not selecting all in the bin

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: AutoSync entire bin?
on Nov 8, 2013 at 12:52:12 pm

As a side note, you're going to hate the fact that perf slip doesn't work for AMA files, or even files transcoded from an AMA source.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:42:16 pm

You're getting that message because you have video clips that overlap each other timecode wise. Do a sort on START column and check the START and END to see if you have any overlapping clips. If so, move them to another bin and try again. AutoSync assumes matching timecode for entire bin selection. It cannot do an entire bin from Mark IN or other sync relationship method.

Michael

Return to posts index

Bryan Colvin
on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:58:55 am

They are not overlapping timecodes I am able to sort by START and they audio and video pieces alternate since the ToD timecode was close enough in sync on set.

It does make sense that its grouping since I tried to use Mark IN

So I guess using autosync on an entire bin only works if you have a sync broadcast into slate/camera and audio

that is a bummer

Since in this current project the audio has a ToD timecode and the camera has a ToD timecode running separately. IF I can find out how far off the timecodes are can I use that to sync the footage?

Return to posts index

Bryan Colvin
on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:55:15 am

I am running Avid MC 7. I AMA Linked and then transcoded. Then I used autosync on a single take and it did infact allow me to perf slip. Maybe it didn't let you do it in previous versions

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 9, 2013 at 2:17:42 am

If you AMA link to the audio with the WAV/iXML Plug-in you won't be able to slip 1/4 frame in a 35mm/4 perf project.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]