FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Quicktime Reference movie

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandla Bolekaja
Creating a Quicktime Reference movie
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:31:13 am

Looking to create a qt reference movie so I can send the sequence to SonicPro to add music. I click on the sequence in the bin to export and I get the window that says

"Exception: Quicktime reference exports cannot be performed on clips linked via AMA or on sequences containing media linked via AMA."

I understand. I have some AMA and imported clips on the timeline. So I went to consolidate/transcode. The first 3 times I got 2 timelines in my bin labeled Consolidated .01 and .02 respectively. The third time I got one labeled Transcoded.01.

The fourth time I got multiple duplicates of all my clips in my Sequence bin.
I'm doing something very wrong. The sequence is only 1:40 min long.

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks

MB
2.8 Quad-Core, 24 GB Ram, CS6, Mountain Lion

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Creating a Quicktime Reference movie
on Nov 1, 2013 at 12:29:53 pm

You don't want a consolidate as that only brings the same codecs as a copy into an Avid managed folder structure. Transcode is correct and it will make .new clips for every even in the timeline. Sometimes the easiest way is to just do a video and audio mixdown, throw them into a timeline and export that out as QT reference. But then again, with a timeline so short, why does it need to be a reference? Just export am H.264 movie directly.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mandla Bolekaja
Re: Creating a Quicktime Reference movie
on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:25:59 pm

Thanks Michael.
I was trying to understand what the obstacles were to using the workflow I was. I thought I was on the wrong track with consolidating. I will export as H.264.

MB
2.8 Quad-Core, 24 GB Ram, CS6, Mountain Lion

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]