FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mauro Moreira
Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras
on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:37:19 pm

Hello, i`m using AMC 7.0.2 and having issues with aaf exporting.
I have a timeline fomed by subclips each one containing two camera angles synced with my audio track.
Now i need to export an AAF to do an ONLINE relinking, but this wont work because of the tape names conflict: the subclip does not show the correct tape name (the angle that is active), and so i cant relink using AMC or DaVinci. The AAF just cannot by imported in AMC or DaVinci.

Does anyone has experienced this kind of issue?

Thanks,
Mauro.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Export AAF with subclips that contains two cameras
on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:00:28 am

You need to duplicate the sequence, right click, and "commit multicam edits". This will remove all non-active alternate angles from any grouped events in the timeline. Export from there.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mauro Moreira
on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:41:29 pm

Thanks for your reply Michael.
I've tried that and receveid this message: "None of the selected sequences had Multicam Information. No modificactions were required.

I really don't know how to figure this out.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:02:16 pm

Then I need to better understand what you mean by "two cameras" if there are no group clips in your sequence. REEL ID is mainly stored for the purposes of AAF in either the Tape and Source File, and unless modified by a user, a clip should never have values in both of them at the same time.

For EDL type workflows, in addition to Tape and Source File, you can use Labroll, Camroll, and SoundRoll.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mauro Moreira
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:26:37 pm

Michael, i`ll tell you the exactly process:
I put the two cameras and one audio track in a bin and made an auto sync.
The result is a subclip with these two cameras synced with my audio track.
The autosync was not perfect, so i had to ajust some clips and then i`ve made each subclip turn into a timeline (by dragging it into a bin holding ALT).
Then i've made a new autosync in this timeline, transforming it in a new subclip, and i`m working with these subclips.

I know it is a bit confusing, but i hope you can help me solve this.
Thanks in advance.

Mauro.

Return to posts index

Mauro Moreira
on Oct 29, 2013 at 1:29:02 pm

I have used this process once with success, but using only one camera, not two.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:53:01 pm

I am trying to figure out how you made an Autosync clip with two video tracks as that is not supported or even be able to make. When selecting AutoSync, it will move you over to a group clip. An AutoSync clip can only have 1 video track in it with no edits, layers or effects. If you can zip a bin with one of these subclips in it I can take a look at it. Send to michael[at]24p[dot]com

Michael

Return to posts index

Felipe Duarte
on Nov 29, 2013 at 8:40:03 pm

HI Michael

I work with Mauro in the same job and I have the same problem.

What we actually have isn't a multi cam but a sub clip: each camera and audio track comes from different sources and are synced in one timeline.

The process is syncing two cameras and one audio track, marking in and out inside the timeline, and dragging it to a bin with the alt pressed. It makes a new timeline, and I do an auto sync in this new timeline.

This generates a subclip with audio and video synced.

Now we have a big problem to export an AAF to make an ON LINE, no software is able to read the AAF.

How can I send you a bin with only one timeline ?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]