FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMC 7 batch capture audio tracks from Sony JH3 deck returning ERROR: Poll I/O Receive was IDLE! and freezing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
AMC 7 batch capture audio tracks from Sony JH3 deck returning ERROR: Poll I/O Receive was IDLE! and freezing
on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:06:05 am

The symptons are described exactly here http://forums.creativecow.net/archivethread/45/219783 in a post made back in 2002 and never received a response. I hope I'm more lucky.

In my case I can get a princely total of 1 clip in a batch succesfully captured before the deck cues to the correct timecode for the next clip only to have Avid idle indefinitely. So far I've only tried resetting the whole machine in order to eventually get to the next clip, but will try just resetting the application next. The console returns the error message in the title of this post about once every half second perpetually.

Does anyone know what's happening here and why it seems only to be a problem with audio clip capture and not video.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMC 7 batch capture audio tracks from Sony JH3 deck returning ERROR: Poll I/O Receive was IDLE! and freezing
on Oct 28, 2013 at 11:50:39 am

Hmmm I doubt deck control is getting as much QA anymore in the age of digital considering resources and priorities. I know there used to be a console command to reduce polling time for timecode breaks which may or may not help in this case. I need to do a little digging to see if I can find info on that again as it has been many years since I've touched a deck as well!

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMC 7 batch capture audio tracks from Sony JH3 deck returning ERROR: Poll I/O Receive was IDLE! and freezing
on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:44:28 pm

Check out the TC Break tolerance portion of Paul Sampson's Guide to Console Commands:

http://www.paul-sampson.ca/MyWebSiteStuff/PDF/AVID%20Console%20Commands%205...

As I mentioned, this may or may not help this particular situation, but might be worth a try.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]