FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audiosuite Plugins...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Neil
Audiosuite Plugins...
on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:07:08 pm

Hey everyone. It's been awhile so I want to make sure things haven't changed since the last time I worked heavily with Media Composer.

Can I still only add 1 audiosuite plugin per audio clip? Is there no way to step in to an audio clip and stack effects?

I'm aware of the per track RTAS stacking but to me that's a clumsy solution if all I need is one specific combination of effects on a single audio clip. Please tell me I'm just missing something.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Clayton Lonie
Re: Audiosuite Plugins...
on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:25:07 am

Mixdown is the other option

Avid Media Composer Expert User. (Modist, I know!!!)

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 25, 2013 at 8:24:20 am

Andy
depends which version youre on.
MC7 has the option for more and a master fader is added for overall control and metering.
But really once youre going into multiple plugins etc in avid, id strongly suggest you flip into Pro Tools where you can do the audio properly.

Clayton
Do you really mean Modist
"a maker and seller of fashionable gowns and millinery for women."
or Modest
"unassuming in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements."
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Clayton Lonie
on Oct 25, 2013 at 9:07:39 am

Ok ... I know ... dreadful spelling ....

Avid Media Composer Expert User. (Modest, I know!!!)
but a few issues with spelling... HA!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 25, 2013 at 10:48:07 pm

[Peter Groom] "But really once youre going into multiple plugins etc in avid, id strongly suggest you flip into Pro Tools where you can do the audio properly."

Ah yes, Pro Tools. That program I don't own and can't really use. heaven forbid I want to just apply a couple different audio plugins to my offline cut. I'm on MC7 so I'm aware of track-based RTAS effects. Unfortunately, it's completely impractical to dedicate an entire track for one clip.

It's sad really that Avid struggles so much with providing simple solutions for a simple problem. Need to put to audio effects on a single clip? Just do an audio mixdown, use a dedicated track, or bring it in to pro tools. By all means, don't just allow users to step into audio clips the way they step into video clips.

/rant.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Oct 26, 2013 at 11:27:45 am

HI
I sympathise with your annoyance - I even slightly agree, but I tend to think that its best to remember that MC is a video edit platform, not a pro sound tool.

Equally Pro Tools has some but limited video editing facilities within, but to an avid editor its functionality would seem to be so limited as to be useless.

I find mc's limitations on the audio side frustrating too and would like far stronger pro tools like automation features, but that is why they have pro tools i guess. Its even more frustrating for me as Im a dubbing mixer in a full on Pro dubbing studio with a big PT rig and desk. I go looking for high end tools like im used to at work, when editing at home and get annoyed too.

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
on Nov 12, 2013 at 1:41:38 am

Sorry to revisit this thread, but I was also wondering... can Protools 'stack' audiosuite effects on individual clips?

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Nov 12, 2013 at 7:59:26 am

Hi
No
My understanding is that MC 7 "stacks" audio effects on the mixer fader strip in the same way as Pro tools does, ie you have a certain amount of sends or insert points on any fader strip, and that is that.
I think its 5 on MC7 from memory.
Pro tools naturally has a lot more but its an audio application.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]