FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC7 audio IMPORT issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keaton Douglas
MC7 audio IMPORT issue
on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:26:51 pm

I generally AMA link and then transcode my video files, and that process hasn't really changed with the upgrade to MC7. With audio, however, I'm having issues doing what I always do.

THE MC6 METHOD:
I used to simply drag audio from Finder into an Avid bin and the files would automatically Import. By which I mean the files automatically transcoded and were placed into my Avid MediaFiles folder. If I had right-clicked on one of those audio masterclips in a bin and chose "Reveal File" the clips in my Avid MediaFiles folder would be shown. If I disconnected the hard drive containing my original footage I transcoded from, the masterclips would, naturally, still work in Avid because the masterclips reference the files in the Avid MediaFiles folder and not the original footage.

THE MC7 SITUATION:
Now if I drag audio from Finder into an Avid bin, the files seem to automatically import. The transcodes are placed into my Avid MediaFiles folder as always. And if I right-click on one of the audio masterclips and choose "Reveal Files" the clips in m Avid MediaFiles folder are shown, like before.

HERE'S THE ISSUE...
With MC7, if I disconnect the hard drive containing my original footage I transcoded from, the masterclips come offline! Even though I can see these masterclips are referencing the transcode files in my Avid MediaFiles folder, the masterclips still become offline if I disconnect the original footage.

Why do these masterclips need to simultaneously reference two sources? How do I import the way I used to import? (Import doesn't even seem to be an option in Avid anymore).

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: MC7 audio IMPORT issue
on Oct 16, 2013 at 11:43:06 pm

perhaps you accidentally imported to the original drive? Is there a Avid MediaFiles folder there?

Return to posts index

Keaton Douglas
on Oct 18, 2013 at 5:31:52 pm

William,

You're right that's exactly what was happening. Thanks!

- Keaton

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:42:13 pm

Awesome, glad it's sorted out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]