FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Title Tool

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandla Bolekaja
Avid Title Tool
on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:47:47 am

Can you fade in separate lines of text in the Avid Title Tool?
Just trying to add a simple title on one line then fade in a second title on a second line.

M

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Title Tool
on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:01:35 am

Sorry, no. Best thing to do is put all the text you want into one title. Then trim it...and then modify each trim to add or remove text, and dissolve between them.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mandla Bolekaja
on Oct 16, 2013 at 1:08:24 am

Thanks Shane,

I get the first part but I'm a bit confused about "modifying each trim to add or remove text and dissolve between them."
How is that done on the second line of text?

M

MB
2.8 Quad-Core, 24 GB Ram, CS6, Mountain Lion

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 16, 2013 at 2:14:30 am

Make your whole title...exactly how you want it. cut that into your timeline. Then add edits on it where you want it to fade...then edit the titles to your pleasure. If you want words to dissolve on, then take the lines out of the first few titles. Say you have a three line title. DO the three lines, then chop up the title. Then remove both lines from the first one, remove just one from the second...and the third has them all. Then dissolve between them. basically it'll start with a line, then it adds another, and then another.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 16, 2013 at 3:31:22 am

Its been awhile since I have used it, but I'm pretty sure you can do what you want if you use Avid Marquee instead of the basic titler.

Return to posts index

Mandla Bolekaja
on Oct 16, 2013 at 8:20:50 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

M

MB
2.8 Quad-Core, 24 GB Ram, CS6, Mountain Lion

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:44:25 pm

When Shane says "DO the three lines, then chop up the title. Then remove both lines from the first one, remove just one from the second"
- after using "add edit" then go into effect editor and crop up (or down) to "remove" the lines you want removed.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Roy Gilbert
on Oct 19, 2013 at 8:12:49 am

If you are running MC7, it comes with the amazing Titler Pro application. I was amazed at how easy it was to add multiple lines of text, and add transitions on to each one. This is what the Avid Title Tool should always have been.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 19, 2013 at 1:38:01 pm

I rarely user the native titler for anything but slates. Always use After Effects for anything that needs to look nice.
I don't think I am alone in that..probably why Avid doesn't seem to devote much resources to titling.

That being said....Avid Marquee is very capable and has all sorts of options for animating stuff...just renders very slowly. It's way deeper than the original TitleTool, which should really be thought of as "Legacy".

Avid FX (Boris RED) and the new plugin you mentioned also get the job done.

Return to posts index

geraint pari huws
on Oct 30, 2013 at 8:31:37 pm

too late now I'm sorry, but for next time, other answers are all correct, but. Use the effect editor's crop, it will save you having to reopen title tool every time. promote the title first, then add invisibles, then step through segments to adjust crop, then add mixes as suggested. Very boring on a forum when people answer by suggesting using other software..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]