FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to open bin. Compatibility issue? Assistance needed ASAP

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arseny Preobrazhenskiy
Unable to open bin. Compatibility issue? Assistance needed ASAP
on Oct 15, 2013 at 9:22:44 am

Hello

I am working on the project that was already edited in Avid MC 6.5 and hard drive just arrived at the office.
In a couple of hours clients are coming to see what they paid for.
We have MC v6.0 and I researched that there shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the two.

The project opens just fine. and I can view and edit everything.... except one of the bins with MASTER sequences will not open. I get the following error message:

I appreciate any tips and any help I can get at this point.

Best
arseny

Arseny Preobrazhenskiy
Editing and Production Trainee

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Unable to open bin. Compatibility issue? Assistance needed ASAP
on Oct 15, 2013 at 2:43:04 pm

Check permissions on that bin at the desktop level. You should have read/write access to that bin. If you don't, fix the permissions.

If you have read/write access then take all of your media offline (change the Avid MediaFiles folder name to xAvid MediaFiles) and restart Avid. Try to open it with all of your media offline. If it opens, you have some corrupted media. If that's the case, make a new bin, duplicate your sequence and put the duplicate in it, then open the sequence and remove all timewarp effects/clips (I've typically had this error with timewarp effects). Then bring your media back online (change the folder name back to Avid MediaFiles) and see if your new bin opens and the sequence plays.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]