FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip with aux tc - please tell me what i am doing wrong

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kinga Brooks
Multiclip with aux tc - please tell me what i am doing wrong
on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:40:28 am

I have a 2 camera plus multitrack audio to group. Avid MC 6.
-After autosequencing each source, i group everything on the earliest autosequences.
-Since there is a lot of unwanted material and lots of black (time code drift), i get rid of all the gaps and cut it to footage stacks with even duration witin the stack.
-Then i turn these stacks to subclips, and assign the auxilary timecode based on my main synced and trimmed sequence
-changing aux timecode for video doesn't give me any problem and video clips mulitclip nicely. But the nightmare starts when i try to adjust aux timecode to audio, especially the subclips that come from one clip. The timecode that i just entered resets itself to another value, and if i try to correct that, an earlier clip would reset itself as well. I checked if this could be coming from any aux code earlier set for the clip source, but it has nothing to do with. The automatically popping aux values also don't correspond with the original autosequence.
What am i doing wrong in this workflow?
Is there any better method to multicilp using auxillary tc?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Multiclip with aux tc - please tell me what i am doing wrong
on Oct 13, 2013 at 3:34:49 pm

Does the audio master clip already have an AuxTC value applied?

Michael

Return to posts index

Sean Smith
Re: Multiclip with aux tc - please tell me what i am doing wrong
on Oct 15, 2013 at 3:15:32 am

Check to make sure you don't have two things with the same tape name synced differently. I had a similar problem before when my multitrack audio (all with the same tape name) contained a phone tap that needed to be offset. When all of the mics lined up, it would group fine, but when one was out of sync, Avid would change the Aux TC for those subclips automatically and ruin the group. The solution was to re-import the phone tap clips with a different tape name. I just appended "PT".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]