FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing in Resolve cutting in AVID

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Fleming
Syncing in Resolve cutting in AVID
on Oct 12, 2013 at 3:04:23 pm

Is anyone using Resolve to sync rushes and then editing in AVID with these clips.

Do you lose all the metadata from the original sound files since they come in to AVID married to picture? I am assuming an embedded AAF is the only way out of AVID into sound post? Assistants are adding soundroll numbers in AVID but I'm guessing they won't match if sync lock is at all out between camera and sound.

Sound cards are being imported to sync shots that are at 50 or 100 frames. Could this cause a conflict?

This was set up as a post path before I started a job and I am seeing numerous AVID issues which I've never experienced before - match frame on group clips going back to the wrong camera, cuts literally slipping but match framing to the intended frame. I'm wondering if its related to this workflow.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Syncing in Resolve cutting in AVID
on Oct 12, 2013 at 9:44:27 pm

Resolve is getting better and better, but there are still some metadata fields that can be better such as original BWF filename, Also, if there is manual sync for correction or otherwise, I have not seen that timecode added to the ALE file. So a conform back to the original files will be difficult at best. I will be looking at the latest Resolve beta public release to see if there have been any improvements in that area.

When using Resolve for dailies, I do picture only and import/sync in Media Composer with more control over MI and ISO tracks and it get all the metadata for conform.

As far as groups, matchframe and such, is the proper REEL ID being extracted and passed along to the dailies? This will be in the TAPE column once in Media Composer.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]