FORUMS: list search recent posts

sony XAVC problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieter Smet
sony XAVC problem
on Oct 9, 2013 at 12:53:47 pm

Hello,

I've got some sony f5 footage on a hard disk. It was shot in a XAVC codec, with variable frame rates.
I have 4 cards, 2 of them have been copied correct (all folders are still there: I have the 'XDROOT' with all other files in it). Via AMA Avid recognizes those 2 cards immediately.
But, from the 2 other cards I only have the content of the 'clip' folder. I can play all the files in VLC, but Avid doesn't recognize the files. How can I fix this?

It is pretty urgent, and don't know what to do, so all help is welcome!

P.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: sony XAVC problem
on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:39:24 pm

I tried importing a single MXF wrapped XAVC file into Sony Content Browser, and while that part worked, I could not export it as anything useful. I was able to the open the files in Resolve Lite and export from there to MXF/DNxHD of my choice with no problems.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:22:16 am

Can you not do a manual select of the clips from those cards. Set your Ama selection to the file type and select all the clips. My first testing with f55 didn't have the proper folder structure. Not sure if f5 is pickier or not

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 10, 2013 at 11:48:45 am

I tried that with the MXF AMA plug-in and it did not work for me.

Michael

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:56:49 pm

What is the frame rate/format of the footage.

I had a disk shot with the F5 not work at all via AMA that was shot at 1080p50.

Return to posts index

Pieter Smet
on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:58:38 am

When I just try to link to a single AMA file I get this message in my source window: 'core consistency check failure' So no luck with that.
Resolve is giving me a hard time, my GPU memory is always full.

Some footage on the card is 1080p50 others 1080p25.

Hope to solve this problem soon, thanks for the help so far!

Gr,

P.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:43:03 pm

Does seem flakey. I have a project sitting here where i have linked to clips in the proper structure, but am now having issues linking to those same clips in a different project.

I have also had success with single clips sent to me as tests, as well as clips i've downloaded off the WEB
but today, no such luck.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Pieter Smet
on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:46:43 pm

I think the main problem is the 50p footage.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:41:19 pm

Try a 720p/50 project in Resolve. I have done 1080/59.94 that way from Canon cameras.

Michael

Return to posts index

Pieter Smet
on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:38:08 pm

Just made a prores file with http://www.ffmpeg.org/
you need some command line and scipting but it works!

Return to posts index

chris king
on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:59:09 am

In fact, Avid has supported Sony’s MPEG2 format for many years now, and was first out of the gate to support XAVC HD. Like most Avid workflows these days, video is imported via Avid Media Access (AMA). To make this work for both MPEG2 & XAVC HD you’ll need to install the XAVC/XDCAM Plug-in for Avid (PDZK-MA2).

Once installed, launch Avid Media Composer and you can import your Sony XAVC videos in usual. However, it’s a pity we still find that there are still some issues occurred from time to time during the importing and editing process.

We find that with the plug-in, Avid still can’t ingest long footage. And what we need to keep in mind that 4K XAVC footage is not currently supported, so you will get an error if you try to import it. Plus, Avid does not have a 60p project format so you will most likely be working in a 60i (interlace) type project.

To avoid these problems, it will be better to transcode Sony XAVC to a more "edit" friendly codec.

http://video-playback-tips.com/

Return to posts index

Eric James
on Dec 6, 2013 at 9:18:23 pm

I've seen what you described just today on our Avids and I think the problem is probably you didn't select which MFX plugin for Avid to use when you try to AMA link to the files. By default it tries to use the Avid MFX AMA plugin but you need to choose the Sony XAVC MXF one.

Otherwise you get the core consistency check failure.

Hope that helps.

If anyone knows anything about problems with upgrading the Sony F5 plugin from 2.31 (Avid 6.5) to 3.21 (Avid 7.0.2) I could use some help though. See my post Upgrading from 6.5.3 to 7.0.2 - Sony AMA problem F5

Return to posts index

Bárbara Nunes
on Jun 25, 2015 at 2:11:14 pm

Eric! you just solved a mystery to me. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]