Muting Audio channels in the Composer and locking audio tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xavier pilsudksi
Muting Audio channels in the Composer and locking audio tracks
on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:11:35 am

Hey all

2 questions in 1 since they are closely related:

1)I am working with movies containing 24 channels of audio.
So every time I bring a movie to the Composer window, I have to unselect the target audio tracks so I don't only bring the 2 tracks I need.
The problem is that I am working with 10 movies or so that I keep bringing back and forth to the Composer so tonight I have been spending most of my shift un-selecting tracks...
Is there a way to "lock" the audio track for as long as we want?

Second question:
24 tracks of audio means terrible sound while scrolling in the Composer. Is there anyway to mute all the tracks I don't need?
In FCP I would go into the audio tabs of the tracks I don't need and would bring the levels to 0 and I would be set.

Thx

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: Muting Audio channels in the Composer and locking audio tracks
on Oct 9, 2013 at 9:56:50 am

If you right click a track select button you can select lock track from the menu.

When you load a clip into the source window you can alter the volume of the different audio tracks it contains with the audio mixer, this will be retained when you drop the clip on the timeline.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 9, 2013 at 11:31:04 am

1) cmd/ctll + shift + a deselects all tracks. Select the ones you want. Not exactly what you want, but easier than what you are currently doing.

2) click the m button next to your track selector, M is mute. S is solo. You may have to make your tracks larger to see this buttons, if you made them very skinny.

Return to posts index

xavier pilsudksi
on Oct 9, 2013 at 6:06:54 pm

thx guys
very helpful!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]