FORUMS: list search recent posts

Symphony 6.5.4 AMA Linked DVCPRO HD MXF

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Pagan
Symphony 6.5.4 AMA Linked DVCPRO HD MXF
on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:39:05 pm

Hello All,
I am trying to resolve an issue where clips that are DVCPRO HD MXF are not playing in the Symphony. DVCPRO .MOV are fine. All other .mxf's are fine. I have spoken with Avid at length about this. They are trying to figure out a solution or cause. I have sent them various files as well, they are actually about to duplicate the issue on their end which is a good indicator that its not my local system. I just wanted to see if anyone has encountered this issue, advice, or know of a solution i can use.
Here is the error message I get when AMA Linked:
Exception Failed to get the sample rate position from AMA plug-in

When i Import
Exception: MXFImport XDCAM-Unrecognized resolution.

I did have both P2 and XDcam Plug in installed on this synphony.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Symphony 6.5.4 AMA Linked DVCPRO HD MXF
on Oct 8, 2013 at 7:01:06 pm

I wonder why you are getting an XDCAM Unrecognized Resolution error when this is DVCPRO HD. Seems odd.

Where does this come from, a P2 card? Did this work with 6.5.3 or other 6.5 versions, and stop working in 6.5.4?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Victor Pagan
on Oct 8, 2013 at 7:22:46 pm

Shane,
Yes, odd indeed. Its has my wheels spinning for a few days already. The media comes from P2 media originally. We were running 6.5.0 previously and Avid gave me 6.5.4 claiming the bug was addressed in this. Turns out it was not fixed. :(
They are able to duplicate the problem on their end so I know my machine is not the issue. I have also tried different files with the same result.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 9, 2013 at 7:07:16 am

As I answered on the Avid forums...my Avid also crashed when trying to import your samples. Just plain hung up...beachball. But, when I converted my own P2 DVPCRO HD file in FCP, and then AMA'd that into Avid...it worked fine. There muct be something wrong with your clips.

Do you have the P2 originals? This is why you back them up...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Victor Pagan
on Oct 9, 2013 at 2:17:13 pm

Shane,
Thanks for the response :). These are archived files so the originals would not be around anymore just the final approvals. Basically items that a client is looking to compare last years promotion to this years. So they only need the final product which is what i am trying to access. Just odd how this happened. The now to add a twist I sent my buddy the same file to import into his newscutter 10.5.3 and he saw no issue.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:25:18 pm

Make sure avid is using the correct AMA plugin. You can select it manually rather than leaving it at the default setting of Auto.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]