FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip play problems in sequence - exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Moody
Clip play problems in sequence - exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL
on Oct 6, 2013 at 1:56:15 pm

Hi All, am a newby on here, and with Avid, and looking for some help!

On my 10.6.8 Macbook Pro I am doing some simple editing, in preparation for my upcoming exam. Working from an external My Passport WD Drive. All seems to work when at college, using there Mac Desktops but whenever I try to play the same sequence on my Macbook I get the following code at a certain point and the video stops with the error message:

exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL

If I close and press play again is simply keeps coming up from that point onwards every few seconds... any ideas how I can resolve it?? Help!

Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Clip play problems in sequence - exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL
on Oct 6, 2013 at 3:24:30 pm

When it stops, what clip is it on? If you load that source clip does it play all the way through?

Michael

Return to posts index

Doug Fitch
Re: Clip play problems in sequence - exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL
on Oct 8, 2013 at 2:02:02 pm

I am having the same problem. Macbook Pro 10.8.5 - MC 7.0.2.
It does not seem to matter where I am in the sequence after about 2-3 seconds of playback i get -

exception: SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode m0utAVS is NULL

Had no problems working in MC 5.5. Nothing in the projects is AMA.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

DF

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Oct 8, 2013 at 10:22:31 pm

all I can find is this

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Why-do-I-get-multi...

Return to posts index

Beth Segal
on Mar 13, 2014 at 12:30:14 am

Did you ever get an answer to this problem? I checked my system and it meets the requirements for MC 7.03 but I cannot play a seq with multiple tracks of video!! I get this error message:
SWCodecInterfaceMP2LG::SetupDecode mOutAVS is NULL

Return to posts index

Collin Wightman
on Nov 13, 2013 at 6:58:06 pm

If I load the clip into the source monitor it plays back fine. It's only in the sequence timeline that i have issues. I tried overwriting the clip with the same ins and out with the same error message results.

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Avid MC 7 in Mountain Lion on a Late 2008 iMac. I'm also editing from a "My Passport" drive, which makes me think that it may be the culprit. However, it was working fine with 6.5.

Collin

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Nov 13, 2013 at 7:03:36 pm

If you mark in and out around the clip on the timeline and play in to out does it still error?

Are there other tracks or effects at that spot on the timeline?

Return to posts index

Collin Wightman
on Nov 13, 2013 at 7:14:04 pm

If I play from in to out in the timeline I still get the error.

I've tried copying all clips to a new sequence with the same results, but I think it is a hardware issue like Avid suggests as it continues to play when I monitor V1 only--as if monitoring more than one video track is too much for it to handle. It eventually throws the error down the line when only monitoring V1 in any case. Maybe I'll try moving the project to another, faster drive.

Collin

Return to posts index

Lena van Heusden
on May 27, 2014 at 9:49:46 am

Hey have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem on a 2011 iMac with a AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphic card of 512 MB, while I was able to play back just a short while ago. Unfortunately viewing only V1 doesn't serve me anything. In the past I got it to work after simply rebooting my computer.

Maybe we can find out together. Do you perhaps have some markers that you've cut out of you're clip, which therefore have an effect without being visible? Or do your audio tracks have rapidly changing clip gains on them?

Anyone feel free to reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]