FORUMS: list search recent posts

consolidating source media from a sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
consolidating source media from a sequence
on Oct 3, 2013 at 1:06:21 am

When one consolidates a sequence from one volume to another, are the source clips transferred, or is it just the portions of the source clips that are used. In this instance, I'm actually looking to transfer the whole source clip. I notice that when I look at the bin that I performed the consolidation in, there are a lot of very short clips and I suspect they might be just the portions used not the entire source.

If so, how do I achieve what I'm trying to achieve?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: consolidating source media from a sequence
on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:08:45 pm

You could make a new timeline of all the media clips you want to copy and consolidate that.

Are there sources in the project you don't want to consolidate? Depending on how you organize your projects and your mxf folders, you could simply copy the folder that has the media in it. If all your imports happened at once, sort by date and you will probably be able to figure out what media you want to copy.
File names will often lead you to realize what source those files came from as well.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:12:22 am

Couple ways to get to the original master clips of source elements used in a sequence:

1. Open MediaTool, in bin, highlight sequence, then "select media relatives". All the clips in the Mediatool will highlight. Drag them to a new bin and consolidate those from there.
2. Put sequence in a new bin bu itself. Go to bin menu and select "set bin display". Check "show reference clips" and only select master clips from the list at the top. Click OK, only master clips used in that sequence will be in the bin. Consolidate from there, or move to another bin then consolidate. Remember to go back and reset the "set in displays " to original settings if you plan on using that bin for something else.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
on Oct 7, 2013 at 1:51:35 am

Thanks fellas, I think the method that best fits my needs here is the 'show reference clips' option. Then it's just a matter of consolidating all the clips in the bin to the destination volume of my choice.

Thanks again for all your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]