FORUMS: list search recent posts

60FPS Issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Wall
60FPS Issues
on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:04:12 pm

Hey Guys,

I just filmed some aerials with a GoPro and seem to have a very slight jitter...After some advice, I deliberately filmed in 1080x60FPS so I told to slow down and have a beautiful fluid motion.

I'm importing into MC and adding a timewarp but just wanna check my setting are correct. I am using Fluid Motion and dropping speed down to 50%

Seems to be getting a nice finish to it but is there any other way to achieve this without all the speed adjustment and render time and do my setting seem ok? Any other improvements I may have missed??

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: 60FPS Issues
on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:38:02 pm

What's the intended playback frame rate and the project type you're in?

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Wall
on Oct 2, 2013 at 2:19:29 am

Thanks Michael.....PAL 25FPS for both......

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 2, 2013 at 3:10:56 am

Cut the entire clip into a sequence and you will see a motion adapter due to the frame rate mismatch. Open up the effect editor for the motion effect editor and click promote (top of window). Then set speed to 100% which will make it play at 25fps (frame for frame) resulting in a slomo.

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Wall
on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:27:02 am

Thanks Michael,

I've imported the 60FPS into a 1080/25 project and I don't get motion adapter??

Do I need to apply a Timewarp like some have suggested then adjust motion effect?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:50:38 pm

Do you not have a green dot on the clip in the timeline? If so, don't click on the effect mode button but the the motion looking icon underneath the color correction button. That will bring you to the motion effect editor. You need to then set it to 100% which represents 100% of current project frame rate which would be 25fps in your case.

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Wall
on Oct 3, 2013 at 10:10:31 pm

Thanks Michael, just a questions re settings....

Do you think the fluidmotion is a good setting and what setting should I retain for output

Thanks for all your help! Really appreciate!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:05:10 am

If you are doing nothing but wanting to play 60fps at 25fps, then the 100% setting with progressive in and progressive out will do that. That will be the cleanest and highest quality slomo you can get because it was shot that way. If you need to slow it down even further, then FluidMotion is certainly one to consider but can be problematic under certain conditions, so what the details in the frame carefully. Especially objects that appear from behind other objects.

Michael

Return to posts index

Nick Wall
on Oct 2, 2013 at 8:36:14 am

Sorry Michael...got there but when I hit promote, the speed seems to be set at 120? not 250? Should I still just drop speed to 100?

Also what is the best setting....re type...fluid motion etc

and the other setting in the motion eeditor

Thanks for all your assistance...I really appreciate!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]