FORUMS: list search recent posts

DMF question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector berrebi
DMF question
on Sep 29, 2013 at 7:52:55 am

when I create a profile for consolidating i receive a "consolidate prep operation failed" message
and no clip consolidates.

tried with P2, C300, and XDCAM files

normal AMA consolidating works

any idea or experience with this?

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: DMF question
on Sep 29, 2013 at 2:46:08 pm

DMF currently is not a fan of spanned files for transcode, so I suspect the same for consolidate.

Michael

Return to posts index

Hector berrebi
on Oct 1, 2013 at 7:30:09 am

hey Michael :)

I had a presentation for the local editor's guild showcasing some of Avid's new features

I actually manage to transcode AVCHD cards through DMF
(even live on stage using a laptop and 2 external drives while showing other features during transcode)

DMF transcode seem to work for other formats too
(i would think consolidating would be simpler for the system)

consolidate failed on every combination/setting/version I tried except on a windows machine.
background consolidation works

DMF is an amazing feature, but it feels half baked.

maybe in the coming update...

Hector Berrebi
prePost Consulting

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:42:26 pm

That's great! I too think it has a lot of potential for many workflows, but can be hit and miss with some formats and workflows - in your case consolidate. I find that with greater than HD formats, and not in Rec.709 color space, there are some weaknesses in DMF as it cannot access any FrameFlex or Color Transform settings (you can't even create settings in that window as it is tied to individual clips to access), RED files which are most always spanned do not work, etc. So for these types of workflows, AMA Link first, then transcode in the background is a better choice so at least Color LUT is available and the clip can now become FrameFLex aware.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]