FORUMS: list search recent posts

Checking to make sure all media is online.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Kay
Checking to make sure all media is online.
on Sep 26, 2013 at 3:53:49 pm

Is a function that will have MC check to see if all of the media in a sequence is online.

I generally use mixed MXF and AMA sequences, so the last step before we lay to tape is audio and video mixdowns. To see what would happen, I started a video mixdown while some media was offline and got an error about media offline. Is this sufficient to check to see if all media in a sequence is online and is there some other function that would do this without having to start and cancel a mixdown?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Checking to make sure all media is online.
on Sep 26, 2013 at 4:38:17 pm

In the FAST MENU on the bottom left of the timeline, also called the "hamburger menu" because that's what it looks like, click on that, and then choose CLIP COLOR. Check OFFLINE MEDIA. Now, any media that is offline will appear RED in the sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 27, 2013 at 12:45:49 pm

Another way to check, if you have a long timeline with lots of tiny clips, where you might miss something...you can put the sequence in a bin by itself, then change your bin settings to show reference clips. This will make all the clips that make up the timeline in the bin. You can then sift for offline clips.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:27:18 pm

I was hoping for some sort of function or report that would give me a "all media online" or "the following clips are offline", but both of those feature are very good to know.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Sep 27, 2013 at 6:02:15 pm

In the "hamburger menu" scroll down to "select offline clips". If nothing is selected, all clips are online.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

Sean Smith
on Oct 1, 2013 at 12:42:33 am

You could try decomposing the sequence with "offline media only" checked. That would tell you what media is offline too. If you're dealing with grouped clips, you may want to commit multicam edits first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]