FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Relinking to AMA C100 footage

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Problems Relinking to AMA C100 footage
on Sep 25, 2013 at 12:43:41 am

I cut a sequence that did ama/transcode to dnx 35. 2 tracks of 5d footage and one track of C100 footage. I did an old school stack multi cam cut. Now the C100 footage really gives avid a bad time to begin with, so I transcoded without even getting the opportunity to make selects or sub clips. I have the same problem with FS100 footage.

Anyway, the first attempt after unchecking and checking trial and error finally got the footage to relink to the AMA media. However, the C100 footage is scrambled on the timeline and crashes MC 7.

I took all the media offline so as to open the project without crashing, duplicated the dnx sequence and closed the ama offline sequence. Again I relinked the 5d footage to AMA and the C100 clips wont relink now. The original AMA clip in the timeline for the C100 clip is linked. This is why in my previous post I wanted to add the clips to the timeline before transcoding and then transcode the sequence to dnx 36 and cut. Unfortunately, the minute the sequence or Source monitor sees AMA C100 (or FS100 in my experience) it crashes before you can do anything with it.

The C100 footage was AMA'd with Clipwrap to quicktime to get it into MC. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

David Powell
Re: Problems Relinking to AMA C100 footage
on Sep 25, 2013 at 12:52:44 am

Update, the C100 footage relinked in the new sequence as it did in the old. Funny thing is it just kind've did it itself as I was typing the post. However, I'm getting the same problem. The C100 footage now freezes me into the beach ball of hell And on the timeline the clips Frame poster is scrambled. The thumbnail in the bin appears fine where the clip relinked. I can't click on it to see what it looks like in the source monitor because of the freeze.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]