FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question about system & hardware compatability.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lor Porter
Question about system & hardware compatability.
on Sep 24, 2013 at 3:17:29 pm

I am currently running Media Composer v3.5 with a Mojo. Operating System 7.6.9, Windows XP 32bit, Service Pack 3, Dvidia Quadro FX 1500, Drivers - 182.67, Direct x version 9.0c, Intel core 2, Quad CPU q9400 @2.66 GHz, 2.67 GHz, 3.24 GB of Ram.

I'm looking to purchase a System that includes Avid Media Composer Editing System: Tower w/ MC 2.3.3, 3.4 CPU, 3 Gb RAM, 160 gb HDD, two 19 in Viewsonic monitors, Adrenaline box, Avid Media doc w/ 12 146 gb drives, Sony DSR 1800 DVCam deck, Sony UVM 1800 BetaSP deck, Mackie 1202 Pro 12 Ch mixer and a JVC 17" Monitor.

My Question - should I purchase this system for $1000? (I'm looking to only use the media storage it comes with) - and can I use the adrenaline box with my current system. Or is it a waste? I just need more media storage for my current system...but I'll take this used bundle if it's worth it.

Any help or advise you could offer would be great!
Thank you,
Lori

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Question about system & hardware compatability.
on Sep 24, 2013 at 3:40:34 pm

If you're buying it just for the storage, $1000 seems like a lot for less than 2TB of storage when you could more cheaply buy an esata card and an external esata drive (or small raid) for less. Does the the Adrenaline BOB have the DNExcel card? If it does, you can view your footage in HD, but if it doesn't, the only functionality it will give you over the mojo is SDI.

If you check out CalDigit's page (http://www.caldigit.com), you can get a CalDigit FASTA-6GU3 card (which will give you both USB3 and ESata 6G) and a 4TB VR2 for $738. Even if you set the VR2 to Raid 1 for safety, you'd have more storage. If you digitize a lot of uncompressed media, you'll benefit from the media dock, but if you don't, you might be able to save money buying new.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Lor Porter
Re: Question about system & hardware compatability.
on Sep 24, 2013 at 8:02:56 pm

Thank you Richard,

My footage now looks ok and my HD stuff looks fine too - so, I suppose if the equipment doesn't get me anything - then yes, I agree with you just purchasing the system for the storage, is too much.

I want more storage, only because the HD takes up a lot of room. I have a few external drives I didn't mention above, and if you think another sata is the way to go - then I'll do that.

Thank you so much for the caldigit link. I'll shop there first.
Lori

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]