FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 24 hour timecode problem FCP round trip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wladimir Bonsegnori
Resolve 24 hour timecode problem FCP round trip
on Sep 22, 2013 at 1:20:22 pm

Hi there,

I have some clips shot with the Ikonoskop a-cam-dii (cinemadng files) that have time codes beyond the 24-hour-mark. For example 24:01:00:03. When I export a Prores of this clip, the timecode of the new generated clip does not look like this anymore. The "24 hours" turn into "00 hours". The problem is that when I want to make the round trip back from Final Cut, Resolve cannot find the original clip, since the timecode obviously does not match anymore. What could I do now to avoid this problem? Is there any way to export the clips with the recorded timecodes even if they have more than 23 hours in the first digits?

Thanks for the help,

Theo

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Resolve 24 hour timecode problem FCP round trip
on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:10:48 pm

You may consider making a submaster of those files with real SMPTE compliant timecode first, before editorial.

Michael

Return to posts index

Wladimir Bonsegnori
on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:46:12 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. Could you tell me how to do that and still be able to get back to the original DNG files at the end?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 22, 2013 at 10:45:53 pm

well that's the point of the submaster - you're creating new "masters" from your DNG that will now be what is used in post with a proper and consistent timecode. They will no longer be DNG so you need to find a format that high quality and encompasses as much of the dynamic range you can retain. Something like DPX or even consider a ProRes 444.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]