FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delivery exports with different framerates than edits.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cesar Mendonca
Delivery exports with different framerates than edits.
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:12:38 am

Hi,
I'm dealing with an export for a show which is being edit at 23.976fps and our final product should be delivered at 29.97fps.
The show should have 28 min and 30 secs in its delivery version. How can I calculate how many frames should my edit have so that after the pull down 2:3 it matches exactly 28 min and 30 secs?
Is there a program somewhere that can tell me that? I heard that Avid can do this but I didn't understand how. Also, ideally I would like to know the calculation which needs to be made.
Anyone?

MEndonca

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Delivery exports with different framerates than edits.
on Sep 21, 2013 at 3:25:21 pm

28m30s @23.976p would end up as exactly the same 28m30s @29.97i (aka 59.94i), just with 3:2 pulldown added.

I think if you do a video mixdown of your final sequence, then open that in a 29.97/59.94i project, MC will add the necessary pulldown.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Delivery exports with different framerates than edits.
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:06:59 pm

If you want to see the timecode to ensure proper commercial breaks and all that, just change the master timecode display above the record monitor to be 30DF. Avid will display the timecode as well as the pulldown cadence at every frame for a broadcast delivery. You can keep the other counter at 24 and see them both at the same time, or open the timecode window and have as many as you like.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]