FORUMS: list search recent posts

Legalising Video in Symphony

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Ashby
Legalising Video in Symphony
on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:02:21 am

Hi Everyone, can someone please advise me if it is possible in Symphony (V7) to reliably legalise video.

Current workflow is to grade in resolve, referencing our scopes, then online in Symphony.
We then bounce out a master, which is delivered to a post house up the road who lays it down to HDCAM, running through a DL860.

I've got option on a cheap HDCAM deck, but it will be a stretch, and I can't afford a HW legaliser also, so providing the appropriate CC check boxes are ticked in Avid, and that the scopes (Tektronics WVR7200) don't show any errors, will that be "good enough" without going through a dedicated legaliser too.

Thanks,

Simon.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Legalising Video in Symphony
on Sep 19, 2013 at 1:59:41 pm

Isn't that backwards? Online, then grade?

Throw a Color Effect on a video layer above all your clips. That's the quick and dirty way to legalize. Don't adjust anything, just the base effect

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Sep 19, 2013 at 10:22:03 pm

I do a mixdown of my "final" and lay it on a templated output timeline (includes bars, tone slate and 4 stereo audio tracks). I then put the Safe Color Limiter on that track and check off the 422 Safe and set the RGB levels to 16 & 235. The Limiter is only for catching the odd transient. I would have previously gone through and done a correction/grade pass on the video.

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 or BM Decklink • Caldigit HDPro2 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • MC6, FCP7, PremierePro, Resolve.

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Simon Ashby
on Sep 19, 2013 at 11:16:34 pm

Well, technically, It's conform - grade - online

We'll relink to the original media, grade, then add supers etc in the online, and drop in the final mix too. That way we can create the various texted/textless versions fairly easily.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]