FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Sequence or one of its source elements too long to be played

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
The Sequence or one of its source elements too long to be played
on Sep 18, 2013 at 2:26:29 pm

Is the error I'm getting with some Ama'd 5d footage. Anyone seen this before? I imported a synced aaf from PE3 if it matters. MC7 2011 iMac 3.4

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: The Sequence or one of its source elements too long to be played
on Sep 18, 2013 at 3:54:47 pm

Try transcoding it to DNxHD. H.264 playback in Avid isn't the best. Avid isn't designed to work with media natively...AMA is really there to ACCESS the media, so you can transcode it to a workable format.

You can then relink to the masters when you are done, for uprez or transcoding to a higher end format. But real world workflows show that trying to work with H.264 via AMA is problematic.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 18, 2013 at 5:45:46 pm

Also, the longer the source clip, the slower it via AMA and can lead you out of sync and related issues. Transcode as Shane (and I) recommends.

Michael

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:20:34 am

I have a vio POVhd head cam which shoots, h264 1080p25' however avid shows this as 24.98 fps, in mc7.02 SetAMAQTForcedFrameRate true 25.00 does not seem to work to set the AMA "import" to 25 fps

So if I try to transcode, I get a information box telling me the frame rate us not consistent with the 25fps timeline and will be unable to link back to the AMA..... The whole point of AMA and mc7 I thought?

Steve

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:59:24 am

I need to get it in my head that that is always the first place to start. Got used to being able to work natively in the others. Steve, bring make another project for your mixed frame rate material, then bring those bins into your main project.

Return to posts index

steve knattress
on Sep 21, 2013 at 8:25:38 am

The trouble is that it us not meant to be mixed frame rate but true 25fps. FCP QT show as 25' it's avid which shiows as 24.98.
In mc6.5 the above console command forced avid to see it as 25, but as I said this does not appear to work with mc7.02

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]