FORUMS: list search recent posts

Markers and cloned clips.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Markers and cloned clips.
on Sep 16, 2013 at 8:41:10 pm

I have a "reel" of all the clips from a card of media in a sequence. If I add markers to clips in the "reel" timeline; will those markers populate all instances of that cloned clip globally? If not, is there a fast/easy way to get the markers over to other instances of the cloned clips?

Thanks.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Markers and cloned clips.
on Sep 16, 2013 at 10:27:24 pm

If you copy the clip from bin to bin, or into a sequence, yes, the markers/locators will follow. But if you simply give someone the MXF files (on the Finder level), and they need to import those into a bin via the media Tool or reconstructed media database, no, they will not show up.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:26:37 pm

Assuming "Reel" is a sequence of clip, and you are asking whether adding a Marker to one of the clips in the timeline will propagate the marker to all instances of the source clips, the answer is no. There is a setting to carry Markers from source clip to timeline when editing, but the reverse. Sam answer for group clips. Adding to a group does not but it on source clips that made the group.

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:26:38 pm

What if I add the markers when the clips are in a sequence? It doesn't seem to populate to the other clones of the clip.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:46:09 pm

No. If you add markers to clips in a sequence, they are not then added to the original clip. They will be carried to a new sequence if you cut from the sequence as if it were a select reel.

But no, if you add a marker to a clip when it is in a sequence, it will not be on the original clip...it'll only be in that sequence. If you add a marker to a clip, THEN add it to a sequence...the marker is then on the clip, and it will carry over.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]