FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid ALE Import - "An error occurred on event #1. Invalid or not tracks defined in the import file"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lonano
Avid ALE Import - "An error occurred on event #1. Invalid or not tracks defined in the import file"
on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:16:26 pm

Hello,

I am processing dailies using Colorfront's On-Set Dailies for a tv show. One deliverable is Avid DNx36 with all channels of audio processed as OMF 24bit files. So far we have not come across this error upon importing ales before but last friday, we had a few takes that contained 10 channels of audio. Usually we got as high as 8 channels. So I thinking that this import error is because of the 10 channels. I attempted a work around which consisted of me deleting channels 9 and 10 from the ale and saving out a new one, importing the ALE and then modifying the ALE in Avid before relinking. Instead of this work around, I wanted to know if there's a setting in Avid that has to be checked to insure I can import ALEs with shots containing more than 8 channels of audio.

I am working on a mac Avid Media Composer Version 6.5.2

Thank you.

Brian L.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid ALE Import - "An error occurred on event #1. Invalid or not tracks defined in the import file"
on Sep 16, 2013 at 8:59:14 pm

There's no setting, but I thought there as an update that allowed up to 16. It may be 6.5.3, but I am not sure. For some reason I thought it was 6.5. I need to test to make sure.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid ALE Import - "An error occurred on event #1. Invalid or not tracks defined in the import file"
on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:49:49 am

I checked this in v7 and all 16 channels import and/or merge via ALE. But I would move to 6.5.3 to test it there if I were you.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]