FORUMS: list search recent posts

bad clip or BAD AVID?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan luke
bad clip or BAD AVID?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 11:14:51 pm

Trying to export a sequence kept getting "EXCEPTION CORE consistency check failure" using Media composer 7.

After much fooling around including exporting using soreneson and quicktime, going from AMA to import, rebooting, trimming the clip in quicktime and save as a new name and importing that clip.

None of this worked. So I dusted off my antique copy of FCP7 and imported the original QT prores clips into FC and they exported without a problem.

Since upgrading to MC7 I have noticed more AMA linking errors. This one is the worst so far.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: bad clip or BAD AVID?
on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:34:40 am

[dan luke] "Since upgrading to MC7 I have noticed more AMA linking errors. This one is the worst so far.
"

Try going to User/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/AMA Management/AMA Metadata Folders and delete the folder referring to this file.

If the bad metadata from the file is still there from when you first tried to work with it, it may still fail to work, even if you correct the problem.

Had something similar happen and this did the trick. Not sure if its the same problem with you...but worth a shot.

Managed AMA media means new troubleshooting procedures need to be developed when things go wrong.

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:38:51 am

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the quick response!

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:45:33 am

tossing the folder didn't work either

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Sep 14, 2013 at 12:37:22 am

and upgrading to the new 7.02 release didn't help either

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
on Sep 14, 2013 at 3:08:44 am

The same "core consistency" error also visited my happy home. Successfully found and fixed the problem.

While exporting segments from the timeline MC errored-out in varous ways: that is, it would simply quit the export process, no message; or, it would pop up the message box with the error you indicated: "Core consistency error," terminating the export.

Short story: the export process came to a corrupted frame and had to quit. Yes, one frame.

How to find that frame? Divide and conquer. In my case, I had 10-12 minute segments within an hour-long show. BTW, the segments played properly from the timeline.

I chose about half the timeline and tried to export. No problem. Tried the other half. Got the "core consistency" error.

Tried exporting individual 10-minute segments. Number 1 went OK, number 2 went OK, number 3, ... oops. Failed.

Divided that segment in half. OK. Second half. Problem. Divided that piece in half, ... and so on.

When the timeline segment is small enough, tried zooming in to get down to the frame level. Stepped through the frames.

Bingo. A black frame appeared and MC had very helpfully already annotated it with a text message within that frame saying that it is corrupted and had a "core consistency" problem.

I am not sure if the MC "Find Black Holes" menu option would have identified this frame.

MC is actually a very smart program. Of course one could wish for a list of error messages in a tech note.

Good luck! Mike

Return to posts index

dan luke
on Sep 15, 2013 at 12:58:06 am

Thanks for the tip. It was indeed 1 bad frame on the suspect clip. Fortunately I still had the clips on the CF card so I went back and re-transferred that clip and problem solved.

Now if only MC would give more specific information about whick frame it is having an issue with.

Return to posts index

Rupert van den Broek
on Aug 13, 2014 at 10:44:43 am

I am getting a similar issue with entire cards that have been put through Resolve on location. We have shot on the Amira, put the 422HQ files through Resolve's Avid Roundtrip to give them the lut treatment and transcode to DNX36. I then drop the files straight into the MXF/xxx.1 folder, let Avid catch up, make a new bin and then add the AAF Resolve generated to get the files visible to the project. Most of the time this works, we edit away all good, but 3 or 4 of the cards that have gone through this process produce blank screens with Core Consistency Check Failure in their bottom left when selected. It seems like the whole thing is corrupt, I can't see any frames that have made it through at all. Is this an Avid or a Resolve screw up I wonder? I am using the Resolve 11 beta.

Return to posts index

Irene Kneeland
on Jul 7, 2015 at 4:29:00 pm

Did you ever resolve your Core_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE issues? I have been searching for a cure, bought new computer AND new MC 8.4 up from 6... problems persist, even in legacy media that used to play fine and were from unproblematic sequences. would love to know if you found a solution. Canon techs worked with me - says Camera is not the issue, Media plays in Canon XF utility and VLC player., AVID is pointing at media/Camera... dead in the water, no where to turn at this point. AVId worked for an entire day remoting into my system. Workaround was to reencode all MXF files into DNxHD. Fine for new projects, cant do that for legacy projects... just too much work. I have the latest Canon AMA plugin release as of July 1. help. I have a brand new HPZ230 workstation with Win7 64bit, Corei7, 2 NAS storage units and a Matrox Mini MX02 that is unrecognizable to MC 8.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]