FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline color meaning

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Timeline color meaning
on Sep 11, 2013 at 2:15:46 pm

I'm sure this was covered early on in some or all of the training materials I used to get started with MC, but I can't find info on it anywhere and don't have the time for an exhaustive search. So…

What does it mean when un-highligted/un-selected clips in the timeline change from their normal green to yellow? What is it supposed to be telling me?

Thanx in advance for answering yet another of my Avid newbie dumb questions.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Timeline color meaning
on Sep 11, 2013 at 2:29:10 pm

Different track colours show you different media types that Avid is dealing with.

Variables that Avid is using the color code for are

Offline Media
Proxy footage
Links
different frame rates

clip the hamburger button under your timeline and select clip color. It will show you the settings, and allow you to customize it to what ever you want.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:02:57 am

Yellow normally means HD content in an SD timeline or SD content in an HD timeline. And with V7 we now have an AMA colour.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Sep 12, 2013 at 3:55:40 pm

Thanx, guys! Makes sense now. Up until this project everything I've been working with has been footage from my own camera. This week is my annual 'from hell' project wherein I have to combine contest entrants' footage that can range from horrible to barely tolerable, but virtually never in a decent looking format. (One entrant even wanted us to pull video from what he had on YouTube.) Again, thanx for the education. I'm sure I have only a few more thousand things to learn about Avid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]