FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is ther one keyboard shortcut to assign multiple tracks?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Is ther one keyboard shortcut to assign multiple tracks?
on Sep 10, 2013 at 7:31:09 pm

Right now I have keyboard shortcuts to assign my V1, A1, A2 tracks. Instead of having to hit all three buttons is there a way to assign, to one key, all three tracks?

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Is ther one keyboard shortcut to assign multiple tracks?
on Sep 11, 2013 at 6:54:20 am

CTRL-A (PC) or CMD-A (Mac) to select all. You will also find "Select all" and "Deselect all" in the menu (I think under Edit), and you can map that.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Is ther one keyboard shortcut to assign multiple tracks?
on Sep 11, 2013 at 2:16:51 pm

You may want to look into building macros.

I use a g13 for these kind of commands and create macros for stuff i do all the time.

My favourite is a 1 press button to swap out audio after the picture edit is done. (I don't usually edit with ambient audio in my initial pass) I have programmed a macro on the G13 - 1 press does the following.

mark edit, deselect all audio and video tracks, select video 1 track, match frame, deselect source side video and audio, select source side channels 1 and 2, select record side, deselect record side video, select record side audio 3 and 4 (auto patch is enabled) perform edit.

I have a button programmed for a "replace ch 3/4" and another for "replace ch 5/6"

Once you start playing with them, you can really go crazy with the commands. The good thing about the G13 is you can save your macros to it, and then transfer them to what ever box it is plugged into.

There are also macro software only solutions that may be able to help, but i haven't used them extensively.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]