FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer Multiple Screens

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Engelhardt
Avid Media Composer Multiple Screens
on Sep 5, 2013 at 8:24:50 pm

Hi, I'm a Premiere user, but with Adobes new pricing models and company policies I am thinking of switching to Media Composer. I've installed the trial and am wondering how to make good use of my three screens. In Premiere I had my "bins" and effects and such on the left, my main editing in the center and to the right I had my Video in fullscreen. Now does Avid have the any other multiscreen support than just dragging out the window? And is there a way to get a fullscreen video? The 'ctrl+shift+F'-shortcut just blackens one of my screens, but there is no video playing.
Thanks in advance for any tips. :)

Edit: I'm on Windows. The Mac multiscreen support would be more like it. :D

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Media Composer Multiple Screens
on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:41:06 pm

Have you opened "Full Screen" in settings, drag it to the monitor you want to use as "full screen", then click the "select this monitor. In the command palette (ctrl-3) is a button for "full screen" Looks like a square with the four arrows pointing to each corner or something like that. Map that to the timeline or under the monitors. Back in edit mode, click that button. Picture will appear full screen on that monitor. Just leave it up when editing. I will switch to active monitor. You may have to repeat this step each time you launch Media Composer. There may be a keyboard equivalent for full screen, but I don't remember one at this time.

Michael

Return to posts index

Oliver Engelhardt
on Sep 6, 2013 at 12:20:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. My Problem was another, tough. I solved it by selecting another screen. Maybe it had smthn to do with the type of adapter I'm using for the other one...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:03:23 pm

It might be if there are two or more graphic cards.

Michael

Return to posts index

Joe Cook
on Feb 8, 2017 at 6:23:53 pm

Hi, I was working in Avid Media Composer and I am relatively new at the system. I was working and I am not sure what button I hit but I am only seeing one screen. I had two screens one showing the timeline and the other with the media I was editing. How do I recover that second window. I searched the web and the system for 5 hours but it is always answering something else.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 9, 2017 at 3:22:32 pm

Joe, start by going under workspaces and calling up your basic edit workspace. That will reset you to default.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joe Cook
on Feb 9, 2017 at 4:38:15 pm

Thank you! It worked. I do not recall ever changing that setting so was surprised that it was the issue. Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]