FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pluraleyes / Avid MC 6.5 Epic Fail?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Sarfatty
Pluraleyes / Avid MC 6.5 Epic Fail?
on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:19:42 pm

In general, I have had a lot of problems getting Pluraleyes to work well with Avid. I recently upgraded Pluraleyes and Avid and tried again. It held on "preparing media" for about half an hour. Finally, I clicked Synchronise to see if anything would happen and I got the error message shown it attached PDF.

Please see PDF for my settings, the strange issues in the Pluraleyes interface, and the error.

6470_pluraleyesproblem.pdf.zip

My media is all transcoded to DNxHD 145. There is no different in format between the files that appear with waveforms and those that do not. The only difference is length. And I'm not sure why I never get video, just the camera icons.

I am running Pluraleyes 3.3

Again, this problem is not unique to this project, it is typical.

I also tried using Pluraleyes 2 for Media Composer. I didn't get error messages, or get "stuck". But basically it just gave me a sequence with nothing synched.

The general feeling I've gotten is that Pluraleyes and Avid just generally sucks? Or has issues with longer files?

Has anyone else had issues synching longer clips?
Please help.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Pluraleyes / Avid MC 6.5 Epic Fail?
on Sep 2, 2013 at 11:29:24 pm

I've have very good experiences with Pluraleyes and Avid. I find, if you try to sync more than 3 angles, it doesn't do a very good job, and of course the most important thing is that there is clean enough audio available for it to sync.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]