FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stripey floor mat causing havoc!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Pepperrell
Stripey floor mat causing havoc!
on Sep 1, 2013 at 7:27:43 pm

So I've been given some footage of someone doing an exercise on a mat, the camera man failed to realize the havoc that the cross-hatched pattern on the floor mat was having with the camera.

So my question is what would be the best way to remove the red mess on the mat (see picture, top left of mat). I'm a bit of a noob, so go easy :)

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Stripey floor mat causing havoc!
on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:36:40 pm

Sometimes a very small amount of Gaussian blur will take care of that.

Michael

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 2, 2013 at 12:26:36 am

If you have the Symphony secondary Color Corrector, you can sample the goofy red and change it to a blue that is similar to the mat blue. Perhaps it will be less visible that way.

Return to posts index

Dan Stewart
on Sep 3, 2013 at 1:21:48 am

Key it. Just think of it as a crappy bluescreen and proceed accordingly.. There's plenty of youtube stuff about cleaning up after a bad key.

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Sep 3, 2013 at 10:50:08 am

Are you playing back in draft mode or full quality? I get this a lot on clothes when cutting fashion promos and 99% of the time it goes away in full quality mode. Otherwise a bit of blur or key out the offending area.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Leo Pepperrell
on Sep 4, 2013 at 6:57:58 pm

Im pretty sure it's in full quality (how do you check? im in MC6).

As for the others, thanks for the replies, my first thing to do was try a blur but it didnt come out amazing, would it be better to work in after effects?

Keying is an interesting option, but with the movement of the model shadows are created on the mat and I'm not sure if it will key correctly. But I will give this a go.

Is there a way to mask an area on the mat, and then reduce the red and somehow turn it to blue? (if you could tell me the exact effect or color correction tool that'd be great:D)

For the record I only have Media composer 6, no extra plug-ins, symphony etc on this computer, but I do have after effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]