FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost media -- lots of it! Is there anyway to get it back -- I think it's still there -- or is there a way that I at least can see it so I can erase it from the drive?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Seckeler
Lost media -- lots of it! Is there anyway to get it back -- I think it's still there -- or is there a way that I at least can see it so I can erase it from the drive?
on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:14:57 am

Today for the first time I tried importing some RED files to my Windows MC 7 that I will need to work on in the near future. In the process, I downloaded the RecCineX program to help with the import. It kept on crashing, so I couldn’t use it, though I tried numerous times. Finally I just copied the RED files to my main RAID array that had many Avid Media MXF Files on it. I then opened a new project and linked to the Red files via AMA and then transcoded some to DNxHD to make sure they would work, and they did.

Then I went back to work on a big regular 1080p project that I was in the middle of and discovered that all of my media was offline. When I checked the Media Tool for the project I discovered that the only thing related to this project were some RED files from today -- that have NO relation to the project -- and that everything else – TBs worth of material – were gone. This is a ten-part series of hour long discussions and I had loaded all of the media for the series and was working on laying out all of the shows. The RED files weren’t even in this project, I just imported them today, but somehow that’s all the AVID sees now. I believe that the original files are still on the drives, since over half of the 27TB drive-array is still full.

Is there a way to get the Avid to see my files? If not, is there a way for ME to see them so that I can at least erase them and free the space?

Also, in this process, Media Composer got totally wacked out, and then the computer did, and I had to do a system restore to get things back. I suspected that maybe a virus had come along with the Red files, since the computer by itself is not on the internet. The computer seems fine now after the system restore, but I still don’t have any link to the files, nor do they show up in any way. If I directly open the array via Windows Explorer the Avid media/MXF files have entirely disappeared from that view too.

I am on Windows 7 with Media Composer 7 with the Symphony option. The computer is an HP Z820 and the array is by Dulce.

Thanks very, very much,

Victor

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Lost media -- lots of it! Is there anyway to get it back -- I think it's still there -- or is there a way that I at least can see it so I can erase it from the drive?
on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:31:53 am

"If I directly open the array via Windows Explorer the Avid media/MXF files have entirely disappeared from that view too."
That indicates that the array is the issue. Something is corrupted on that drive.

Return to posts index

Victor Seckeler
Re: Lost media -- lots of it! Is there anyway to get it back -- I think it's still there -- or is there a way that I at least can see it so I can erase it from the drive?
on Sep 1, 2013 at 5:47:05 pm

Thank you Job.

Victor Seckeler

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]