FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rebuild Avid Bin with Hex Editor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dershowitz
Rebuild Avid Bin with Hex Editor
on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:33:47 pm

Wondering if anyone had experience rebuilding a bin with a Hex editor. I had the avid tell me the bin has a Invalid Domain header. I have not Attic to go to. Since Playing Around I have a New error (See Attached) I Know this a Long Shot but im hoping someone good point me in the right Direction

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Rebuild Avid Bin with Hex Editor
on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:47:17 pm

Was this bin sent to you via an email attachment? I have had times where not zipping it first and just emailing it can corrupt the .avb bin file. That being said, good luck with rebuilding the header.. I have no experience there and doubt it can be done. But for giggles, look at a bin that is not corrupt and see what that one looks like.

Michael

Return to posts index

Mark Dershowitz
Re: Rebuild Avid Bin with Hex Editor
on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:44:04 pm

Thanks for the reply Michael. No this Bin was not emailed it. The Project was part of consolidate from Media composer. When the project was opened on a News Cutter the bin was not able to open. Yeah I was messing around with the Hex editor trying to Make sense of it from working bin with no success. You Need to be an Avid engineer to understand what everything means. You would think there would some sort of solution to this, I see people in the past have this problem since 2003. I Know plane B is always backup Backup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]