FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exception:DISK FILE ALREADY EXISTS, filename:

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rockie Stephens
Exception:DISK FILE ALREADY EXISTS, filename:
on Aug 29, 2013 at 3:14:25 pm

Hi All,
I'm assisting on a show with multiple projects. One of our bays is having difficulty opening some of the projects. It seems when we try opening specific projects, we get this error: Exception:DISK FILE ALREADY EXISTS, filename: This happens for about 2 or 3 of the projects out of our 8 total all of which have unique names. These same projects can be accessed from different bays on the Isis.
Any ideas as to what it is?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Exception:DISK FILE ALREADY EXISTS, filename:
on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:29:35 pm

Are you on a Unity style shared storage system? Open the project folder and remove the folder inside which has the name of the computer. Then try opening the project again.

Return to posts index

Rockie Stephens
on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:37:12 pm

Hi,
Yes we are on a unity ISIS. We actually already tried deleting that computers settings in each project folder yesterday and still had no luck. Is there anything else you think we could try?
Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Aug 29, 2013 at 7:11:14 pm

That usually does it for me. Can't think of anything else to fix it. Next step would be to create a new project on that space and copy the bins over to the new project.

Return to posts index

Albert Lumague
on Nov 17, 2013 at 11:17:39 am

Can you checked your computer name because I lso encounter that issue before because I have duplicate computer name in the network. After changing the computer name problem solve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]