FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Menu Quality button: only affects the display???

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Avid Menu Quality button: only affects the display???
on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:30:36 am

Creative Cows: The AVID Help guide refers to this Menu Quality Button as affecting the monitor *display.* It points the inquiring mind to "Options for Controlling Real-Time Playback."

This suggests but does not state that only the display is affected.

A Lynda.com Avid tutorial (a great series) reminds us (I don't recollect the exact tutorial) to always check this button (full green) before exporting to get the highest export quality.

Is there a definite answer that I missed? Is this a control ONLY for preview (and perhaps as an aid for smoothing timeline playback)??? Does it really have nothing to do with exporting, transcoding or other functions?

Thanks for a wonderfully helpful site.
Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Menu Quality button: only affects the display???
on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:50:15 am

It affects "playback" so output to tape and such would be affected. Export is always the full quality and the button has no affect on that part of the process.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
Re: Avid Menu Quality button: only affects the display???
on Aug 30, 2013 at 6:19:02 am

Thank you, Michael. That is a helpful reply: I had not thought about the distinction there, between output to tape as a mode of playback while export is a separate process that really has nothing to do with playback, but rather deals with codecs, compression, etc.

Thank you again.
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]