FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Broadcast/Client/Confidence Monitor

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
Avid Broadcast/Client/Confidence Monitor
on Aug 28, 2013 at 3:24:18 pm

I searched forum and found this related post(4 years old) - response from Shane Ross: {{I highly recommend the Flanders Scientific monitors: http://www.flandersscientific.com/index/Broadcast_Monitors
$2500 for the 17" and $5000 for the 24". They won't break the bank.}}

Are there any more up-to-date recommendations? We are in need of monitors that won't break us financially (I know - you get what you pay for) but we need accuracy, a monitor that allows calibration adjustments if needed. We have a decent but old SDI Harris Scope - Videotek VTM-2400. I'm thinking SDI out would be better than HDMI.

Most of our projects are in 720p and 1080p

Our room size would require something larger than 24" for client viewing .... so ideally, would we need to look at a "broadcast" monitor AND and second "Client" monitor? The issue I know I will face here is that the client may see both monitors and say there is a difference in look - how can I resolve these issues, especially as most of the time the client is also the employer!

I greatly appreciate any and all recommendations and feedback.

OUR SYSTEM SPECS:
MC 6.0.3, Dell T5500 - Win 7 Ultimate SP1, Dual Hex-Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67Ghz 2.66 Ghz (2 processors), 12GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA Quadro 4000, QT 7.7, Matrox Mojito with MAX- PCI Express 2.5Ghz, Facilis TerraBlock

Ricky

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Broadcast/Client/Confidence Monitor
on Aug 28, 2013 at 5:14:59 pm

I still recommend the same. I have the FSI 2461. And the cool thing about these monitors is that if you send it back to FSI, they will calibrate it for free! At least the first year after purchase.

If you need a larger monitor for clients, then look at Panasonic Pro Plasmas. Those are the most accurate...and not all that cheap, because they are so good. If you want one for complete accuracy, and one the clients can watch to see from far away, then get the FSI and a decent HDTV. But if you want that big client monitor to ALSO be accurate...Panasonic is the way to go. Large grading houses here use those as their client monitors.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Avid Broadcast/Client/Confidence Monitor
on Aug 28, 2013 at 10:10:24 pm

Thank you Shane - I will look into these options!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]