FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer 7.0 Hanging up on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kelley
Media Composer 7.0 Hanging up on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager
on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:48:46 pm

I recently purchased Avid Media Composer 7.0 and a new HPZ420 Workstation. I have installed Avid Media Composer 7.0 and activated the license, but it won't launch. It hangs up on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager. I've searched for posts in forums and blogs and have tried everything possible. I have even uninstalled and re-installed the Media Composer software, but to no avail. HELP!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Media Composer 7.0 Hanging up on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager
on Aug 24, 2013 at 7:57:55 pm

is it hung up on that screen, or just taking an extremely long time? This has been a problem in Avid for a while. Try disconnecting your network connection and relaunch.

On my system, it seems to hang, but if i sit and wait for a few (2 or 3) mins, it makes its way through. Seems to be something about scanning media on the network.

Avid reported they fixed this problem awhile ago, but it has never been "fixed" for me. If i'm in a hurry, i diconnect the network, launch, and then reconnect the network.

PITA, but it works.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Kelley
Re: Media Composer 7.0 Hanging up on Initializing Avid Media Access Volume Manager
on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:48:56 pm

Glenn,

Thanks for your reply. It totally hangs up on that screen and doesn't ever launch. If it were 5-10 minutes I could live with it. Unhooking the network doesn't do a thing for it. Just stays on that screen chugging away.

Maybe I shouldn't have looked at upgrading my Avid at all. Right now it's not even an option so I'm editing everything on Premiere. It at least launches flawlessly each and every time.

Mike

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:37:32 pm

Do a search on your computer for the MDB files. The database files. I do recall a situation that was killing the launch of the program a few months ago, and it was related to the creation of a database file (and avid mediafiles folder) in a location where they had no business being. If memory serves it was somewhere on the launch drive, perhaps in with the actual program itself. I had the problem on two systems, both times the easiest way to find it was to search for the database's.

(just found an old post i made on this type of lockup... here is an excerpt)

On windows i found the culprit in my users/avid area. On Mac i was having trouble finding it. (i think it ended up being in the applications/mediacomposer/(show package contents) area.

Either way, just do a search for MDB files and delete any that aren't on an actual storage drive. Or better yet, just delete them all. Avid will rebuild the ones it needs, and ignore the rest.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Danny van der Kuij
on Oct 22, 2014 at 1:27:15 pm

Unplug the card reader from the motherboard and try launching MC again :D

Return to posts index

Sanjin Švajger
on May 20, 2015 at 12:50:06 pm

Unplug the card reader! For me MC wont work if any card reader is plugged in! And it's something to do with AMA...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]