FORUMS: list search recent posts

working with various frame rates on a music video

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alain Ouellette
working with various frame rates on a music video
on Aug 23, 2013 at 11:43:10 am

Before I get really tangled into a mess and waste of time, I thought I'd ask if anyone could help me with a couple of little issues.
I am in the process of editing a music video that is using various frame rates. The music playback with time code in the field was a quicktime with tc burn to slate. It was taken from the master sequence that was created at 29.97 fps drop frame.
The video of the singer was shot on a Sony F3 at 24 fps instead of 29.97
I'd like to now have the master sequence in 24 fps but was wondering if I will have to re-import the master music and lose my time code reference which would be hell to sync.
The second issue is trying to find out the best way to include stock footage shot at 29.97 and bring it into the new sequence.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: working with various frame rates on a music video
on Aug 23, 2013 at 1:16:25 pm

Sounds like 29.97 was the "master plan" and would suggest you stay in 29.97 as most of your elements seem to be at that rate. The 23.976 singer material can be brought into your 29.97 project. First open that material in a 1080p/23.976 project then open those bins in a 29.97 project. Mix & Match will kick in and add the 2:3 pulldown. The question is whether the 29.97 is progressive or interlace as that it what the project type will need to be.

I will say it's strange in this day to shoot 23.976 video with 30fps playback and sync on set. That is legacy from SD workflows before HD was available. Media Composer can track 30fos timecode in the TC30 column while editing 23.976 material... that may work for you as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]