FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speeding up a clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Norton
Speeding up a clip
on Aug 22, 2013 at 11:50:48 pm

I have a clip in my timeline with an Avid FX effect and color correction on it. I now want to add Timewarp to speed the clip up but am unable to do so. When I Alt-drag the Timewarp effect to the clip nothing happens. I step into the nested effects and tried it on both of those tracks and still nothing happens. I found a few forums where "promoting the clip" in the Motion Effects Editor was suggested but in vs 6.5 the button to "Promote" is not there. Any recommendations on how I get speed options on this clip would be most welcomed.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Lee Norton
Re: Speeding up a clip
on Aug 23, 2013 at 10:43:45 pm

After testing other clips and filters/effects, iIt seems the Avid FX filerwas the issue with this problem. I eventually gave up trying to add Timewarp to the clip, exported it out and back into Avid, and then applied Timewarp to the exported clip.

I don't yet know why the Promote button is not on my Motion Effects Editor. I tested that out also on different clips, with no effects preciously applied to them, and it never once showed up in the MEE pop-up. I'm sure I'll stumble on the solution someday!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]