FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uploading from Avid MC

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Quinn
Uploading from Avid MC
on Aug 20, 2013 at 10:24:05 pm

We are constantly uploading work in progress from our Avid MC edit suites for clients to view off site. This involves exporting lengthy Quicktime files from MC then uploading to Vimeo or YouTube. I was wondering if there is a way of automating this laborious process? Something like a watch folder that uploaded to a site once it sees a finished set of files? Anyone got any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Uploading from Avid MC
on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:10:11 pm

Dropbox. It puts a folder on your computers hard drive, and anything you add to it, it mirrors to "the cloud." So if you have a client folder, and point the client to that folder...when you export a QT to that local folder, it is uploaded automatically to the online folder, and the client can then view that later.

WHEN? Dunno. I wish there was something that said UPLOAD COMPLETE.

But it's something.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 21, 2013 at 6:58:11 am

The Pro version of Squeeze has all of this. You could set a Watch folder, add a preset that includes uploading to some place (including ftp). Then export QT Ref from MC to that Watch folder.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:00:24 am

P.S. I don't think Squeeze lets you upload straight to Vimeo, but it does allow a straight upload to a YouTube account.

http://forum.sorensonmedia.com/forum/content.php?152-Publishing-Options-Ove...

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 22, 2013 at 3:31:13 pm

Vimeo does have a link to Drop box for uploads, and promotes that it can do automatic uploads from your dropbox folder.

One note on squeeze. I just had it doing a watch folder scenario. Going from After effects to my watch folder...through squeeze to a "to Vimeo" folder. Squeeze was going through the watch folder doing the newest movies first. This meant as after effects started an output to the watch folder, squeeze starting doing its thing to the same movie (before after effects was done) I loaded up 5 movies in the watch folder before i started squeeze, and before i got AE going. As soon as squeeze was done with the first movie, it started working on one of the files AE was working on. This results in an "incomplete output" error on those movies. I could not find any setting to tell squeeze to change its order of operation. If anyone knows where it is, i'd love to hear. For now i can't move the files into the watch folder untill after effects is done creating them.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]