FORUMS: list search recent posts

file extension (.id).mov

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gillian ryan
file extension (.id).mov
on Aug 20, 2013 at 2:46:45 pm

Hello,

I was given a few movie files and they are showing up as (id).mov and I'm not able to watch on my computer. Also, when I went to import into Avid Media composer they come up as white screens. What type of file is this and how can I get them to show up in media composer?

Thanks !

Gillian

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: file extension (.id).mov
on Aug 20, 2013 at 3:36:51 pm

I believe (id) indicates this file has been to/from FCPX - that said, it should not be a problem in Avid MC, especially as you were able to import .... the white screen indicates you do not have the proper codec on your machine. Open the .mov file in QT and view movie inspector to see what codec was used.

Ricky

Return to posts index

gillian ryan
on Aug 20, 2013 at 3:50:58 pm

Thank you. Although, when I open in quicktime I am not able to see it either. Says its Little Endian codec....

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:10:03 pm

In Qt, does it open as a video file or audio file? Initially it sounds like it has no video but if that was the case Avid would have brought in audio only. Is the video screen white in QT Player just as it appeared inside Avid?

I obviously do not have the answer here and am only trying to help troubleshoot ... give some time and a more knowledgeable forum member will probably be able to help you.

Ricky

Return to posts index

gillian ryan
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:12:34 pm

I appriciate the help! It is opening in qt just the same... just a white screen.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Aug 20, 2013 at 4:22:42 pm

From all I know it must be a codec issue .... movie inspector does not list the video codec? Also, if you are on a PC then try to view on a MAC or vice-versa.

Ricky

Return to posts index

gillian ryan
on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:00:16 pm

Seems that I can watch on a Mac... is there anyway to watch these on PC ?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:08:43 pm

if the codec is apple intermediate, no ... if it is prores codec then it should have worked in Avid even though it is PC.

Bottom line is that if the codec is not available for PC (windows) then you must convert it to a codec on the MAC that can be read on a PC (using a codec that is available or "installable" on a PC.

Ricky

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 22, 2013 at 9:28:26 pm

I think that may be a Live Type file. You need Live Type from FInal Cut Studio 2 to have that codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]