FORUMS: list search recent posts

Taking over another editors project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amir Abed
Taking over another editors project
on Aug 19, 2013 at 5:25:09 am

I'm taking over a project from another editor. The editor sent me a external hard drive that is supposed to have all the media,bins,project files etc. The previous editor was on media composer 3 on a PC I'm working on media composer 5 on a mac. The problem in have is at the select project folder there are no projects in any of the columns except for mine. At the top of the window where it says folder it is pointing to the correct folder on the hd. I've tried creating a new project and opening a bin but I get a pop up that's says I can't make changes and then all the media is offline. The previous editor swears she used media manger within media composer. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
Re: Taking over another editors project
on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:09:25 am

Have you put her project file in your Shared Avid Projects folder on your startup disk? Project Files and Media files must always be separate, with the Project Files being on the boot drive. Copy her Project files to a safe backup solution, remove it from the external drive with the media, and put it into your system drive. It should appear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]