FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD/Editing

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike noble
AVCHD/Editing
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:25:51 pm

I am trying to help my friend. He is a youth football coach and wants to shoot his games and put them on YouTube for the parents to view. I use Mac and FCP. He bought a Panasonic AVCHD camera, AVID studio and he has a PC that crashes when you put it all together, occasionally. His AVID is not compatible on my mac, I really do not want to convert the video for my mac and I want him to get the workflow down so he can do it all himself. We are not going to buy another camera, trying to get him to MAC for years, not opposed to buying a mac mini just for this, what easy software can I download off internet to get this all working smooth, easy and fast for him?

Thank you so much for the time and response.
Sincerely,
Trying to help a friend out.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD/Editing
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:37:26 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Available for Mac and PC. You can edit the files natively, no converting. And it isn't expensive...$20 a month if they commit to a year subscription. Although if you want a smooth experience, you need a machine with fast processors, a good amount of RAM, and a graphics card that enables the Mercury Engine (CUDA).

If you want to edit AVCHD with Avid, you need to transcode the footage before you edit. But then your machine doesn't have to be really fast nor need a ton of RAM, or a special graphics card. So...there's pros and cons to both.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]