FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exported Quicktimes from Media Composer unreadable

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele Poggi
Exported Quicktimes from Media Composer unreadable
on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:15:02 pm

Hi, I am facing a major deadline and I'm quite worried. This is the first time I'm exporting something from this workstation and Media Composer 7, but any quicktime I'm exporting (and it seems to be the only HQ choice I have) seem to have issues, media player and other tools clearly advise me that I miss the "AVj2" codec or something, making the file unreadable.

Is there anything you know about this? Thank you very much for any support.

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Exported Quicktimes from Media Composer unreadable
on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:16:35 pm

What are your export settings? You might have to set up a custom export and choose DNxHD as your codec option.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
Re: Exported Quicktimes from Media Composer unreadable
on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:36:18 pm

I tried to customize all the settings, and using DNxHD the movie is playable but without any sound. These are really strange issues indeed, but I really thank you for being so fast appearing to help me. The thing that using custom exporting settings I'm been able to at least export the video safely is already a HUGE step forward. I can manage to get out of this now, I think.

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Return to posts index

Michele Poggi
Re: *attaching a .mov Test*
on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:24:55 pm

This is a short export to make any test you could need. Thanks again, I'm quite scared of this problem, uff.

6383_exporttest.mov.zip

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: *attaching a .mov Test*
on Aug 8, 2013 at 5:17:41 pm

Your test file opened fine and played on my system. It's the Avid JPEG 2000 codec that it was exported to, and had video and audio.

If you set up a custom export to a DNxHD Quicktime, there are a couple of things to look out for in the export settings.

1) Uncheck "Use Marks" and "Use Enabled Tracks", unless you have specifically activated only the tracks you want to export and set an In and Out on just the parts you want to export. If you're exporting your entire program, then uncheck them.

3) Since you're probably choosing "Custom" as your export settings, click the "Format Options" button and make sure both video and audio are checked in the box that opens, and set your output codec (DNxHD).

2) In the main export settings box make sure "Video and Audio" are checked. Click the "Video Format" tab and set your export settings there. Click the "Audio Format" tab and do the same.

Do a Save As and name your export (this saves it for future exports). Then export!

Hopefully this fixes your issue.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]