FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID MC7 Bins moving around on their own.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Mastantuono
AVID MC7 Bins moving around on their own.
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:07:35 pm

Hey, I'm managing several editors here, and two of them are having a crazy issue when a bin they're working on will disappear from the folder it's in, only to reappear in another folder.

Anyone having this issue?

Joseph Mastantuono
http://www.goodpost.net
Color Grading & Post Production Consulting

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVID MC7 Bins moving around on their own.
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:30:58 pm

Are they all working in the same project? Someone could be moving the files. I've never heard of them moving on their own. I have accidentally moved a couple myself.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joseph Mastantuono
on Aug 7, 2013 at 4:36:04 pm

No, everyone is working on their own project.

I even experienced it myself just now.

Different projects, different systems. We're all accessing shared media through a SAN... But that's just the media, no AMA or anything funky.

Joseph Mastantuono

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 7, 2013 at 5:34:17 pm

Are the projects and bins local? What sort of SAN?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joseph Mastantuono
on Aug 7, 2013 at 7:04:43 pm

Project and Bins are 'EXTERNAL' to drive that's local to each system.

SAN is a shared drive over a 10gigE with a Mac OSX server. We're just using it as a way to share media. It's been working for a bit. We're just experiencing a weird bug.

Joseph Mastantuono

Return to posts index

George Bellias
on Aug 8, 2013 at 6:18:44 am

I've experienced it also but only on a large project I am working on (lots of folders and bins). I am on v6.5.

George Bellias
Jade Productions
http://www.jadeproductionsla.com

Return to posts index

Ben Insler
on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:33:47 am

Just ran into this problem and got routed here after searching online. I really haven't found a way to predictably reproduce this bug, but here's what I've been able to figure out:

MC 7.0.2
1. Assuming you have bins organized in folders, roll open a few folders by clicking on their disclosure arrow.
2. Open a bin from within one of the top folders - by top I mean physically higher in the list on screen than lower.
3. With the bin open, start rolling some folders closed. I've found this bug to present itself most often when folders being closed are listed BELOW the folder containing my opened bin.
4. Watch as you roll each folder closed. At one point or another, you will notice the open bin disappear from its correct folder. When it does, roll open the folder you most recently closed. Your bin - still open - is now in that folder.

This is a HUGE pain. It means you can't navigate your bin structure with any bins open for fear of your project becoming disorganized.

I'm submitting this on the Avid forums as a bug, but does anyone have any connections at Avid to submit this to directly? Or, of course, if it's user error, please teach me the ways.

Return to posts index

Derek Boonstra
on Sep 2, 2014 at 9:31:20 pm

Just for the record, we're having this same issue here. First i thought i was going insane, then I thought i was hitting a wrong keyboard stroke or like clicking in the wrong place or something, but then it started happening to other people in my office. i think it's just a glitch. It's never been more than a minor nuisance, but strange nonetheless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]